Hello Mujeres! I invite you to post some of your most yummiest recipes on our Mujeres Blog! http://mujerasunidas.blogspot.com/ I look forward to expanding my menu with your delicious recipes!
11 comments:
Michelle Can't Cook
said...
So I tried Maria's recipe today for Josh and my fellow mujeres would be disappointed. First, I thought, "Well, the chili's are small so they can't be that hot right, so I will add a couple more for flavor?" Wrong!Oooh, they are spicy! I ended up adding a lot of water to tone down the spiceness, which made the tortillas turn into mush in the oven. In the end, my kitchen turned into a war zone of tomato sauce and chili seeds. Girls I need help!
Michelle you are to cute.... Click on this web site http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Pages/home.aspx They send you free receipe books every so many months and they have the easiest and fastest receipes on this web site I use it often..
Hope this helps you dont feel bad ask your cousing Gabriel how my cooking use to be Not Good ...
"FRIENDSHIP CHICKEN". The name for this chicken dish comes from my previous neighbor from whom I stole fresh rosemary herbs from her yard not just once but several times!
Cut up whole chicken (or whatever pieces your prefer-I prefer boneless). Large can of cream of mushroom soup (not reduced calorie) Package of fresh mushrooms-sliced Fresh or dry rosemary One whole white onion-sliced 1/2 cup of white rice
**Prepare mushroom soup as directed in a bowl. I usually add a bit of garlic salt. Add the sliced mushrooms, onions, and 1/2 cup of uncooked white rice. Arrange the chicken in the crockpot and pour the soup mixture over it. Add the rosemary. Set crockpot on high (6 hours).
Yum! Thanks Tia Linda! I can't wait to try your chicken recipe! Luckily, I have tons of rosemary in my backyard. I'll try to take you a bunch on my next visit! Michelle, you're so funny! Hey, trial by error. Don't feel bad, I tried Lianna's apple dip recipe and had to throw it all out because I added too much vanilla! Even Joey wouldn't eat it...and he eats everything! Next time I make my baked bbq chicken in the oven, I'll take a picture of it and post the recipe. Tomorrow is my 1st day of school at a new high school. Wish me luck!
Good luck Viana! Hope your first day back at school went well and you didn't get eaten alive. I tried Diana's recipe which is very similar to Maria's, just add meat and canned sauce. Here it is:
2 cans of las palmas red sauce for enchiladas med size monterey jack cheese 1-2 doz corntillias if you like onion put it in ground beef fried it up you can add some of the sauce witha little garlic powered warm the chili in a pot with a little garlic powered fried up in oil corntortillias to make them a little firm so theyh dont turn to mush.place them on a paper towel to absorb the oil when all thats done i get a tray and line up all my things for the enchiladas and then i start I PLACE THE CORN TORTILLAS IN THE SAUCE AND I EITHER ROLL OR LAYER IF LAYER GET A TRAY AND PLACE THE CORNTORTILLAS ONE BY ONE IN THE SAUCE AND THEN PLACE IN BOTTOM OF TRAY AND THEN THE MEAT AND CHEESE AND ONION IF U LIKE ONION.CONTINUE TO DO THE LAYERS TILL YOU DONE LEAVE THE CHEESE ON TOP PLACE IN OVEN FOR 30-40MIN @ 350 THEN YOU EAT.....
I tried it and not bad! I like the idea of frying the tortillas before so they don't turn to mush. Next time I will add the chilis from Maria's recipe to make it spicier.
This is so cool!! I cant believe I was missing all this chatting! ok for the chilaquiles: The sauce: 2 red, 2 white, 2 extras
2 small cans of tomatoe sauce 4-5 chiles de arbol (remove the stick or what ever its called) 1/4 of a white med. onion 3 garlic cloves aprox. 1 Tbs. dry oregano careful because oregano is strong. 1-2 spoons of salt 1 can of water (from your tomatoe sauce) add more or less water depending how thick you want it. blend well
then you can pour over chips in a pan add moterey jack cheese and heat. Or make in casorole like I did @ mujeres. If you do it in a cassorole double the amount of sauce recipe so they dont come out dry but make your sauce a little thicker maybe 1 can of water for the 4 of t. sauce. Let me know how it turns out! -Maria Ohh Carla The sushi is called Inaris. They sell the tofu inari pouches @ any Asian store fill them with rice and thats it.
Welcome to our blog! This is a site where we can keep in touch and share ideas for our next gathering, share recipes, and to give or ask for advice. Please visit and post often! SAVE THE DATE: Mujeres Unidas 2010 July 8-11
11 comments:
So I tried Maria's recipe today for Josh and my fellow mujeres would be disappointed. First, I thought, "Well, the chili's are small so they can't be that hot right, so I will add a couple more for flavor?" Wrong!Oooh, they are spicy! I ended up adding a lot of water to tone down the spiceness, which made the tortillas turn into mush in the oven. In the end, my kitchen turned into a war zone of tomato sauce and chili seeds. Girls I need help!
Maria, Ill take it the way you make it any day!!!!
Michelle you are to cute....
Click on this web site http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Pages/home.aspx
They send you free receipe books every so many months and they have the easiest and fastest receipes on this web site I use it often..
Hope this helps you dont feel bad ask your cousing Gabriel how my cooking use to be Not Good ...
I love you girls! Thank you Carla and Diane. I will try it. Ill check back in a month, I will get better!
"FRIENDSHIP CHICKEN". The name for this chicken dish comes from my previous neighbor from whom I stole fresh rosemary herbs from her yard not just once but several times!
Cut up whole chicken (or whatever pieces your prefer-I prefer boneless).
Large can of cream of mushroom soup (not reduced calorie)
Package of fresh mushrooms-sliced
Fresh or dry rosemary
One whole white onion-sliced
1/2 cup of white rice
**Prepare mushroom soup as directed in a bowl. I usually add a bit of garlic salt. Add the sliced mushrooms, onions, and 1/2 cup of uncooked white rice.
Arrange the chicken in the crockpot
and pour the soup mixture over it. Add the rosemary. Set crockpot on high (6 hours).
Enjoy!
Yum! Thanks Tia Linda! I can't wait to try your chicken recipe! Luckily, I have tons of rosemary in my backyard. I'll try to take you a bunch on my next visit!
Michelle, you're so funny! Hey, trial by error. Don't feel bad, I tried Lianna's apple dip recipe and had to throw it all out because I added too much vanilla! Even Joey wouldn't eat it...and he eats everything!
Next time I make my baked bbq chicken in the oven, I'll take a picture of it and post the recipe.
Tomorrow is my 1st day of school at a new high school. Wish me luck!
Good luck Viana! Hope your first day back at school went well and you didn't get eaten alive. I tried Diana's recipe which is very similar to Maria's, just add meat and canned sauce. Here it is:
2 cans of las palmas red sauce for enchiladas med size
monterey jack cheese
1-2 doz corntillias
if you like onion put it in
ground beef fried it up you can add some of the sauce witha little garlic powered
warm the chili in a pot with a little garlic powered
fried up in oil corntortillias to make them a little firm so theyh dont turn to mush.place them on a paper towel to absorb the oil
when all thats done i get a tray and line up all my things for the enchiladas and then i start
I PLACE THE CORN TORTILLAS IN THE SAUCE AND I EITHER ROLL OR LAYER IF LAYER GET A TRAY AND PLACE THE CORNTORTILLAS ONE BY
ONE IN THE SAUCE AND THEN PLACE IN BOTTOM OF TRAY AND THEN THE MEAT AND CHEESE AND ONION IF U LIKE ONION.CONTINUE TO DO THE LAYERS TILL YOU DONE LEAVE THE CHEESE ON TOP PLACE IN OVEN FOR 30-40MIN @ 350 THEN YOU EAT.....
I tried it and not bad! I like the idea of frying the tortillas before so they don't turn to mush. Next time I will add the chilis from Maria's recipe to make it spicier.
Maria can you post the recipe that you made @ mujeres? I want to make it.
Linda the friendship chicken sounds so good I am going to make it this week!
This is so cool!! I cant believe I was missing all this chatting!
ok for the chilaquiles:
The sauce: 2 red, 2 white, 2 extras
2 small cans of tomatoe sauce
4-5 chiles de arbol (remove the stick or what ever its called)
1/4 of a white med. onion
3 garlic cloves
aprox. 1 Tbs. dry oregano careful because oregano is strong.
1-2 spoons of salt
1 can of water (from your tomatoe sauce) add more or less water depending how thick you want it.
blend well
then you can pour over chips in a pan add moterey jack cheese and heat.
Or make in casorole like I did @ mujeres. If you do it in a cassorole double the amount of sauce recipe so they dont come out dry but make your sauce a little thicker maybe 1 can of water for the 4 of t. sauce.
Let me know how it turns out!
-Maria
Ohh Carla The sushi is called Inaris. They sell the tofu inari pouches @ any Asian store fill them with rice and thats it.
Post a Comment